Friday, August 6, 2010

My First Year as a Geometrician

        Hello everyone..  Well today is a special day for me, with today I have completed one year successfully as a geometrician. Still sound like small guy in geometric is 'nt it. Anyway I remember the time when I came to Chennai in a Jet Airways Flight. God that was a horrible day for me. The previous night was my friend Revanth's elder brother's marriage, the reason why I took a flight rather than a train. And then I go to the marriage really late, at around 11 in the night to attend it, reason being Rakhee pournami that day. 

Now you know I have a long chain of sisters trying to rip my pocket off, so could nt avoid that. And then when I went to the marriage, I got a special Welcome, from all the fifteen friends present there. And then followed by "BOOTHULU". That was the last day  rather few hours left in hyderaabad for me. So we decided to stay back at revanth's place, after the marriage. Even the PELLIKODUKU joined me on the road, where we all choose to sit. And then my friend starts of with his speech to me as
   " Arey nuvvu edo, Chennai ki veluopothunna  ani anadinchaku. Full freedom untadi, emanna chesukovachu, adigetolu undaru ani anukovakku. First vellina, konnigantalu bagaane untadi. Kaani evening aye sariki, intiki vachinappudu ardham avthadi nuvvu ekkadunnavo.. Okka friend undadu, bayatiki velllli anna, okkalame, Sports adataaniki evvaru undaru, Cinemalaki vellali anna lite.. Inka appudu picchi ekki, frustration nundi depression loki velli.. edusthav.. appudu phone ni kanipettinodiki dhandeshi dhandam pettali anipisthadi" Inka appudu phonla meeda phonlu chesthav chudu.. Evado gottam gaadu kanpisthe vaade nee goppa friend ani feel ayyi pothav… Desham kaani desham lo untunnaam.. ilanti baadalu chaala chusham.. Koncham nuvvu nee life kaakunda, nee gurinchi alochinche vaalaku phone chesthu undu.. "
    Really had that effect on me, when i landed in chennai.  God what a time.. I came back home at three, packed everything, and then went back to revanth's place, one by one everyone started to leave, and was left with my core group of friends, Revanth, Karthik, Mahanth, Shiva and myself, ofcourse amruth wanted to come badly, but he dint have a place to fit in. Next scene airport :, I was so used to going to airport in seeing off so many people, that I actually forgot that I was the one who was boarding the flight then. That previous month,  have driven so many times to the airport that the, parking lot people started to recognize me and my car, wished me by saying "Hello sir Welcome back". But one thing that came true, was, I expected the same company to be with me, when I was boarding the flight for the first time, and that happened..
   Next scene Chennai airport : Amazing first time flight experience, checked into the Guest House which was booked for me. Took bath, and tears started off to take over me, missed my family like hell, wanted to call them, but I had to report to geometric. Went there, got done with my formalities, dint know where to go for my lunch, I just asked time out, came out, was dead sleepy as I had nt slept all night, so just went to the bus stop near by, sat there and just slept for about half an hour. I dint realise that I was sleeping in a bus stop then, and in addition to that, the depression over my head. Just then the phone rang, was called upon to the office again, was given an address and was told to report to a person named Ramarao, Spoke something, in half telugu and half English to the auto guy, he dropped me. My admin was waiting for me at the ground floor, Lift door opens at the third. And then I was back to my life. Seriosuly, for a moment, the depression, the sleep, everything vanished at the site of  "Welcome to FORD". Frankly speaking, I dint know that I would be working for Ford, its then things started to fall in place, when Chinna mama always said that I ll be working under him. Anyway got introduced to few of my colleagues, went through the documentations, and then when I got back. The Nostalgic feeling got back to my head, I dint want stay in that hotel, so after contemplating, and fighting over my thoughts, called up Pintu anna's friend Ravi.. Went there, stayed for a day, and then Ravi says, if you are comfortable just stay back here if you want, as we are looking for a room mate.. So I would say I am just lucky to find the right guy at the right time. Thanks to pintu anna for this.. He is a great guy to be with. So that’s how it went for me, but all said and done. It was a great experience, mite have seen a lot less from what the rest of you have seen. But that little was enough to shake me up and wake me up.
     So that’s how the life carried on for me from then on.. It did take lot of time for me to come off from the Nostalgic feeling of missing Family, Home, everything else for that matter.. I did have a great wonderful experience at work from then onwards, learnt the professional way of life, which started with Curosys Ltd.
Made few good friends, and room mates. Room mates are always fun to be with. Have grown bigger and better in my thoughts, and perceiving things, understanding feelings and emotions. Realised a lot on how my behaviour should change, as my behaviour would reflect my professional life All those long sessions or lectures from uncles, parents, brothers etc.. . kept coming back to me. Made a notes of them, which were to be followed.
     This is phase of life was so necessary to me. It did bring out many changes in me. Realised how much more I have to grow up in my life and company as well. How to start working towards my dreams.. All in all a great experience..
    Thanks to Chinna mama again, who gave me this opportunity. I still have to learn a lot to be called as a Software Professional. Hope my leaning speed multiplies from now on. Thank you all for the support you have rendered all these days. Will miss your company every single second. Looking forward for the day where we all can meet up again.

No comments: